Sunday 20 March 2016

Bed sores, bleach and bad days

i had oramorph for breakfast. I would have preferred a bacon roll but after a relatively settled night after they took out my painful cannula, I took off my horrid TED stockings (rebel) I read my book, fell asleep and slept almost quite well........
Then I woke up. In pain. Ow. So oramorph and two cannula attempts it was. No success with cannula but I have a bed sore on my elbow for ultimate granny chic (beat that, hipsters). Slept again. More cannula attempts, drugs given orally as I have no veins left to cannulate.
My Dr came and has called on call Dr who I am awaiting. Punctuation Caz. Not Dr who.
Feel bloody awful. Fed up of being cheerful. Wish I'd lingered over my last supper toast a bit more -5 days ago.
Today I'm all about the smells. Nice nurse smelt of apples and had a really nice snake print hair clip I concentrated on as she tried to cannulate me. Another one smelt of citrus. Then Bleach Man cleaned my room and I thought I'd gone to a swimming pool. I've had my eyes shut most of today so I guess that's what's heightened the smell thing. Also the reassuring probing of gloved hands trying to find my veins was a comfort when your hurting and scared.
I'm still allowed my beloved black coffee and can no longer taste if they've added sugar or not (I don't take it)
When on oramorph this morning I created myself a guardian angel - needless to say he was made out of food. This is the rambling of opiates so bear with. He is called cornelius carbonara and is made mostly of Italian food. He has a bay leaf wreath in his spaghetti hair. A pizza face with black olive eyes, and prawn nose and red pepper lips. Pepperoni red cheeks. Big baguette arms with calamari bangles. A spun sugar white gown and huge white wings. Chi-chi gold sandals.

When I get out of here I think I might eat him.

No comments:

Post a Comment