Sunday 4 September 2016

So its been a while............

And wow what a year. I finally had my Bowel Resection surgery on May 18th as planned and it was a great success. I didn't have the stoma I was marked up for 3 days before the surgery, they managed to do all they needed laparoscopically so my scarring is as minimal as it could be and my recovery was as quick as it could be. But after my surgery I was SO ILL! I had a morphine pump the night after the surgery and apparently I pressed the button 65 times that night. I also had a central line in my neck which had 3 ports leading into my heart to take out blood and put in drugs, an oxygen tube up my nose and a catheter! My friend Steph came in to visit me the night after I came up from theatre and I was able to pose for selfies with her, give everyone a grin and a thumbs up before I slept off my anaesthetic..............However the next day they took away my morphine pump and I started the Vomit Days. OMG was I ever sick. My friend Steph came back to visit again with her husband and I was literally too ill to see them. I heard her going back down the corridor going "But she was FINE yesterday! I don't understand" I believe I was fine due to the morphine :) I continued to be sick for 4 more days and completely lost my appetite. As Ive spoken about in this blog before I LOVE my food and I couldn't eat ANYTHING. The staff were encouraging me to eat and I just couldn't. I couldn't even eat a quarter of a slice of toast or the chocolate goodies my mum bought in. Eventually I managed to eat some Rice Krispies and I don't even like cereal..........

Anyway its now 14 weeks from my operation and my scars are pretty well healed and I have rejoined the gym and actually started running again in the last month. I have just signed up for a 5km at the end of October as something to aim for. The kids ago back to school this week and I feel really ready to get back on the fitness wagon. My oldest daughter goes off to uni for the first time on Saturday *sob* and Im using not seeing her until christmas to shift some weight and get my fitness back up.

I have to have a colonoscopy in December to see if there is any sign of inflammation, and therefore my crohns being back. I feel so well compared to before the op that Im really hoping and praying that it hasn't come back.

So- my plan is as follows....back to walking the dog every day - Im aiming for 5km, Carry on running with the Sweatshop Running Community on a Weds eve, Go back to the gym for my dance class on a Thursday, Body Combat on a Friday and then weights etc in the gym as and when.

Its nice to be back...........


No comments:

Post a Comment